Oefentoets 3 Veel succes! Voor meer uitleg over could/can:
Vul in: could of couldn’t
1. When I was young, I _____ play the guitar: it was too difficult for me! 2. Her grandmother was bilingual: she ______ speak both English and Spanish. 3. Yesterday, Peter _____ do that exercise alone. So, he cal ed me for help. 4. In 1950, people _____ use mobile phones. 5. When his mother was young, she _____ skate but she can't do it any longer. 6. We_____ open the door: it was locked from the inside! 7. In 1900, people ____ watch TV. 8. Mary's grandfather _____ play chess and he was the best! 9. In 1945, people ______ play video games. 10. But they______ play chess! 11. Peter _____ play tennis last Monday: he had broken his arm! 12. When Ann was a teenager, she ______ watch a horror film: it was too frightening for her! 13. Last Sunday, we _____ take any photos in the museum: it was forbidden. 14. Mozart _______ play the piano when he was 5.
vul in: could, couldn’t, can of can’t
1. _____ you help us sir? No, I _____ , I am very sorry. But I am sure Fred _____ help you.
2. She _____ swim nowadays since she is healthy again, but one year ago she stil _____.
3. I regret that I _____ do it back then.
4. _____ you open the window a bit, please?
5. He ____ be French, judging by his accent.
6. ____ you play the piano?
7. With luck, tomorrow _____ be a sunny day.
8. I _____ get here earlier because of the traffic on the freeway.
9. ____ you help your mother do the dishes, Danny, please?
10. Your grandmother ____ ride a horse when she was young, but not anymore.
11. Clarice …. explain this to you better than Jeremy.
12. _____ you tel me the time, please?
13. She screamed a lot, but nobody ____ hear her voice
14. You are 13 years old, you ____ enter the club at this place.
15. She ___ understand five languages and ____ speak three languages
16. I ____ play tennis now. I’ve got a terrible headache.